The Yankees misplaced their fourth straight sport, falling to the Toronto Blue Jays 5-1 on Tuesday night time. They’ve now misplaced eight of their final 10 video games.
Listed below are some key takeaways …
1. The large storyline from Tuesday’s sport was a sight that no Yankees fan needed to see, as Gerrit Cole was compelled to depart the sport within the prime of the fourth inning with a left hamstring tightness.
After a Reese McGuire sac fly, Cole signaled to the Yankees dugout to have a coach come out. After a fast dialogue on the mound, Cole left the sport. He allowed three earned runs on 5 hits whereas hanging out two and strolling two. He did seem to have his finest stuff on the mound.
2. Toronto broke onto the scoreboard first within the second inning. Alejandro Kirk put a stage swing on a excessive fastball from Cole and punched it over the wall in proper for a solo dwelling run to place the Jays up 1-0.
Kirk would hit his second dwelling run later within the sport within the eighth inning, one other opposite-field shot, as Toronto padded their lead late.
3. The Yankees performed some small ball within the third to tie issues up. Andrew Velazquez singled off of Steven Matz earlier than stealing second and advancing to 3rd on a fly ball. He then got here in to attain on an RBI single by Anthony Rizzo.
4. After scoring a pair of runs off Cole within the fourth, the Jays added to their lead within the fifth inning, as Marcus Semien slammed his 38th homer of the season, a solo shot off of Albert Abreu to make it a 4-1 sport.
5. Aaron Decide had some good swings, however he ended up going 0-for-4. Decide has now gone 0-for-4 or worse in 4 straight video games.
As a workforce, the Yankees haven’t had an extra-base hit since Sunday. That they had eight hits on Tuesday night time, all singles.
The Yankees and Blue Jays proceed their four-game collection on Wednesday at 7:05 p.m.
Luis Gil will get the beginning for the Bombers towards Alek Manoah.