TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — A hearth broke out at downtown Tucson restaurant The Delta Bar & Grill Monday, June 20 simply after 9 p.m., leading to damages totaling over $3,000, in keeping with the Tucson Police Division.
The restaurant was “pressured to remain closed resulting from electrical [and] different structural fireplace harm,” in keeping with Delta chef and proprietor Travis Gary Peters in a social media submit he shared Tuesday, June 21.
“Fortunately a very good Samaritan known as the fireplace division and so they responded in a short time and acquired the fireplace below management earlier than we misplaced all the things!,” shared Peters. Tucson Police report a walk-in fridge was broken.
Tucson Fireplace Division Fireplace Investigations Unit decided the fireplace was deliberately set by a person, and a suspect was caught on digicam strolling across the restaurant positioned at 135 S. sixth Ave.
Tucson Police are conducting an arson investigation however haven’t made an arrest. Anybody with info is requested to name 911 or 88-CRIME.
Peters stated on-line that the restaurant will re-open at 4 p.m on Wednesday, June 22.
Anne Simmons is a digital content material producer for KGUN 9. Anne acquired her begin in tv whereas nonetheless a pupil on the College of Arizona. Earlier than becoming a member of KGUN, she managed a number of public entry tv stations within the Bay Space and has labored as a video producer within the non-profit sector. Share your story concepts and essential points with Anne by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by connecting on Instagram or LinkedIn.