The College of Nevada, Reno will host the annual Cattlemen’s Replace in particular person and nearly in 2023, Jan. 9 – 13. For over 50 years, the College has held a number of periods throughout Nevada in January to supply ranchers with present research-based details about points which will have an effect on the effectivity, productiveness, profitability and sustainability of their companies and Nevada’s cattle trade.
The five-day occasion, supplied nearly on Jan. 9, after which in particular person at 4 places throughout the state, is a partnership led by the College’s School of Agriculture, Biotechnology & Pure Sources, and its Extension and Experiment Station models. Different program companions embrace native sponsors, the U.S. Division of Agriculture’s Starting Farmer and Rancher Improvement Program, and Western Middle for Danger Administration Training.
The matters for the in-person periods can be moderated by Barry Perryman, researcher, professor and chair of the School’s Division of Agriculture, Veterinary & Rangeland Sciences. Jacob DeDecker, named the School’s affiliate dean for engagement and director of Extension in July, will welcome attendees and current some updates. Specialists from the School and its Extension and Experiment Station models will talk about pertinent matters with contributors, together with:
- Subsequent Grass to Fear About: Ventenata & Regional Grazing Examine Outcomes. From the School – Paul Meiman, Extension specialist, researcher and affiliate professor of rangeland livestock-wildlife interactions; and Lesley Morris, researcher and affiliate professor of rangeland ecology
- What’s This Economic system Going to Convey the Nevada Livestock Business? Shannon Neibergs, USDA Western Extension Danger Administration Training Middle, Washington State College
- Photograph Monitoring: A Easy, Simple and Priceless Monitoring Instrument. From the School – Brad Schultz, Extension educator in Humboldt County, researcher and professor of rangeland ecology and administration
- Trich in Cattle: Higher to Check Than Have It. Randy Walstrum, veterinarian
- Impacts of Smoke on Animal Well being. From the School – Mozart Fonseca, researcher and affiliate professor of veterinary & rangeland sciences
- USDA Farm Service Company: Inflation Discount Act (IRA) & Livestock Help Applications Nevada. USDA Farm Service Company workers
This yr’s schedule of periods is:
- Jan. 9, 10 a.m., Digital session, by way of Zoom solely. Register for the session right here.
- Jan. 10, 5:30 p.m., Fallon, Fallon Conference Middle, 100 Campus Method, dinner supplied
- Jan. 11, 5:30 p.m., Ely, Ely Conference Middle, 150 W. Sixth St., dinner supplied
- Jan. 12, 12:30 p.m., Elko, Dalling Corridor, 600 Business St., dinner supplied
- Jan. 13, 10 a.m., Winnemucca, Extension Workplace, 1085 Fairgrounds Street, lunch supplied
Occasions given for the in-person periods are registration instances, with this system starting half-hour later. The fee is $20 per ranch per location attended, which incorporates lunch or dinner and the “Purple Guide” recordkeeping information for cattle producers. For extra data, contact Staci Emm, Extension educator for Mineral County and the occasion’s organizer, at [email protected], 775-475-4227 or 775-312-0424; or Jamie Lee, at [email protected] or 775-426-8299. Individuals in want of particular lodging or help ought to contact Paul Lessick, civil rights and compliance coordinator, at [email protected] or 702-257-5577 no less than 5 days previous to the scheduled occasion with their wants or for extra data.
[Claudene Wharton is a communications and senior marketing specialist for University of Nevada, Reno’s College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources.]
Supply: College of Nevada, Reno